If social distancing has you stuck inside going crazy, here are some shows and movies you can watch to keep yourself engaged.
Also did you know, Hulu is offering free subscription for the first month ? Which means there is more content to stream even if you do not have a Hulu subscription already.
1) John Oliver: Last Week Tonight – This show airs on HBO and you can also find the clips on YouTube. It is an absolute favorite of mine. Comedian John Oliver reviews the crazy current affairs happening around the world with his insightful wit and fearless candor. The best thing about his show is how he addresses even the most serious problems in a light way.
2) Stay here – I binged this show during social distancing on Netflix. It is easy on the eyes and perfect for people looking to makeover their homes. On this show, the hosts transfer short term rental homes from sub par properties to dream holiday destinations which are rented on platforms like Airbnb.
3) Shark Tank – This show is available on Hulu and I am a fan. I have been following this show for years and it never gets old. On this show, budding entrepreneurs present their ideas to the sharks in the tank with the hope to strike a deal. Over the years, through this show I have come across so many new products in the market and also tried some of them that appealed to me.
4) Greys Anatomy – I have been following this show from the first time it was aired in 2005 until now and really enjoy it. It is engaging and fun but I won’t lie there are some seasons which are not as great and engaging as the others. Available on Netflix and Hulu. But the latest season is available only on Hulu.
5) Money Heist – I have just finished the first 2 seasons of this show which is originally a Spanish show but has been dubbed in English on Netflix. With its unpredictable and overwhelming plot, this series is so addictive that you will end up binge watching it.
6) Culinary Shows – Some good shows on Netflix are The Chefs Line, The Final Table, Chef’s Table and Ugly Delicious.
7) Next in Fashion – This show is Netflix’s take on fashion for all the project Runway fans out there. It is a battle of designers, most of whom are already accomplished to showcase their skills and sew to impress the judges with the opportunity to sell their line on Net-a-porter and win a cash prize.
8) Love is blind – This show is a throwback to the old days around 30 years back where people got married or spoke to each other first before actually meeting the significant other. This Netflix’s original show is a terrible show on numerous levels however is also quite addictive and quite popular on Netflix at this time.
9) The Morning Show – This is an Apple TV exclusive show and can be watched by anyone who has bought an Apple device lately for free as Apple is giving a free subscription for 1 year.
10)Vir Das Live Show– On 28th March, 2020 (Saturday) Vir Das is doing a insta – live concert starting at 9.00 pm IST (11.30 am ET) for 30 mins and promises to entertain you with his humor. He also has various shows available on Netflix for streaming with the latest one being his stand up special – Vir Das for India. Sharing the link to register for the same.
The link provided above also has various other live shows for you to stream for free.
11) Other Old but great shows
Breaking Bad (Netflix)
House of Cards (Netflix)
The Big Bang Theory (Netflix)
Project Runway (Amazon)
12) Movies to watch – There is a great collection of fun movies available on Amazon, Netflix and Hulu.
And the best thing is now on Netflix you can have your own party and watch your favorite shows and movies together with your friends or watch on Hulu for free for a month.
Here is a list of some movies you can watch:
Murder mystery (Netflix)
The Shawshank Redemption (Netflix)
Set it Up (Netflix)
Life as we Know It (Netflix and Hulu)
The Ugly Truth (Netflix and Hulu)
Spenser Confidential (Netflix)
Spy who dumped me (Hulu)
A Simple Favor (Hulu)
A Bad Moms Christmas (Hulu)
The Holiday (Hulu)
Feel free to share what you are watching and enjoying during social distancing. Happy Bingeing!!